Skip to main content

Cybersecurity Career Mindmap: How to become a cybersecurity expert in 5 steps!

I found a thread on Reddit. The OP had the same dreams as I did and he was my my age too. This got me interested. He had created a mind-map of his career path in InfoSec. This mind-map was perfect for me. It had everything I wanted/had to do and more. This created a motivation for me because I had to achieve what was in the mind-map.


Open image in new tab for full size.
Courtesy of /u/pimpslapper


This is perfect for what I had to do. It is like a to-do list for my career.

I started working on it slowly. I may have changed it a bit here and there, but this is the main idea.

In my following blogs, I will be posting the changes I made in this and why I did so.

Thanks for reading!

AZID

Comments

Most Viewed Content:

CEH v10 Write-up | Certified Ethical Hacker | 2020

On July 10th I passed the CEH with 105/125 questions right and this is the write up to the exam and certification. I got really interested in the CEH because it was a well known certification and the syllabus really interested me. I also had a ton of recommendations online and from people in this industry saying that the CEH was a really good beginner level security certification. Details about the exam and course: I bought the course from the EC-Council website. There are certain requirements if you want to take this certification. You should either have 2 years experience or buy their online iClass to attempt the exam. As I did not have the required experience I bought the online course. The EC-Council website and how everything works with them is very confusing and I got very confused at times. But thankfully, the customer support answered all my questions and guided me through the buying process and the registration. The course costs $1100 USD in India but I bought the course durin...

I got a Job as a Security Engineer!

Long time since I wrote a blog post, but things happened. I graduated from University with a degree in Information Science. I interned in 3 different companies since getting certified in CEH and CCNA. I also did huge projects in the final year of college. I had around 200 applications over 2 months and 7 interviews. After being rejected and ghosted numerous times I got a few interviews. 5 of which didn't go so well. Either I wasn't qualified or they didn't think I had enough experience. Fortunately,  the last 2 interviews went extremely well and I got a job offer from BOTH companies! Company 1 is a big Networking company where I where the job was being a part of the Incident Response team and Company 2 is mid-size education software provider. Company 2 had 1 other security person, and I would be person 2, which would have been a great opportunity to learn and grow with. I took a few days and talked to a bunch of people in my family and even posted on Reddit to get advice on...