Skip to main content

What I Am Doing This Summer?

Finally!

My summer holidays have started. I just completed my first year of college. I'm glad its done.

Here is my plan for the Summer:

1. Finish the Official Cert Guide


I am going to finish reading the CCNA Official Cert Guide by Wendell Odom.
This will take me about a month and I would have finished studying for the CCNA by the time the next academic year starts.

LAB EVERYDAY. I will have to practice for the CCNA using labs and practice exams.


2. Python 

  • Finish the Automate The Boring Stuff With Python video course and book.
  • Finish the Python Mega Course:Build 10 Real World Applications video course.
  • Learn important modules and libraries
  • Build a couple small projects and 1 big project(self).
  • Use Git to save and control repositories.

3. TRY and learn the basics of JavaScript


Thanks for reading! 

AZID


Comments

  1. Anonymous13 July

    Hey, I've been reading your blog for a while and I have to say, this is very inspiring. I hope you achive what you want. I've been struggling myself, I have a law background in GDPR audit (europe) and ISO but I wan't to pursue my career in cybersecurity. I was always fascinated with technology, but now I'm starting from scratch and certification is a way to go for me. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for reading the blog! We can help each other! Is there any way I can message you?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Most Viewed Content:

CEH v10 Write-up | Certified Ethical Hacker | 2020

On July 10th I passed the CEH with 105/125 questions right and this is the write up to the exam and certification. I got really interested in the CEH because it was a well known certification and the syllabus really interested me. I also had a ton of recommendations online and from people in this industry saying that the CEH was a really good beginner level security certification. Details about the exam and course: I bought the course from the EC-Council website. There are certain requirements if you want to take this certification. You should either have 2 years experience or buy their online iClass to attempt the exam. As I did not have the required experience I bought the online course. The EC-Council website and how everything works with them is very confusing and I got very confused at times. But thankfully, the customer support answered all my questions and guided me through the buying process and the registration. The course costs $1100 USD in India but I bought the course durin...

I got a Job as a Security Engineer!

Long time since I wrote a blog post, but things happened. I graduated from University with a degree in Information Science. I interned in 3 different companies since getting certified in CEH and CCNA. I also did huge projects in the final year of college. I had around 200 applications over 2 months and 7 interviews. After being rejected and ghosted numerous times I got a few interviews. 5 of which didn't go so well. Either I wasn't qualified or they didn't think I had enough experience. Fortunately,  the last 2 interviews went extremely well and I got a job offer from BOTH companies! Company 1 is a big Networking company where I where the job was being a part of the Incident Response team and Company 2 is mid-size education software provider. Company 2 had 1 other security person, and I would be person 2, which would have been a great opportunity to learn and grow with. I took a few days and talked to a bunch of people in my family and even posted on Reddit to get advice on...